At VS Dental, we completely understand that treating children’s teeth are very different from treating adults. We know that tooth problems and oral hygiene defects may not be the same for children, adolescents, and grown-up people. This is why you need to take your child to the dentist available at VS Dental for complete oral health. Our experience in Pediatric dentistry in Coimbatore particularly caters to the dental and oral health matters that affect children from birth to adolescence.
The specific services, but not limited to, are:
– Pit & fissure sealant
– Preventive care for Caries & Misalignment (Myobraces)
– Fluoride Applications
– Pulpectomy & Crowns
– Space Maintainers
CAUSES OF COMMON DENTAL PROBLEMS IN CHILDREN
The Pediatric dentistry in Coimbatore, Thudiyalur at VS Dental provides effective measures to curb the below set of dental problems noticed particularly in children. These include:
- Sucking their Thumbs: If children continue to suck their fingers after the age of five, teeth can get misaligned, it can lead to speech problems and permanent changes in the face.
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay: If your child’s teeth are always in contact with the bottle and its content, it can cause tooth decay.
- Mouth breathing: Identified as the major reason for teeth malaligned and facial changes.
- Improper swallowing pattern: Spoils the jaw bone development.
- Over Retained Baby Teeth: This situation arises when a permanent tooth tries to make its way through even though the baby tooth that is in the same spot hasn’t fallen off yet.
RECOMMENDATION ON ORAL DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
As it is true with physical development, your child will also grow through the different stages of oral development. In every stage of the development process, you as a parent need to make sure that the teeth of your child are in good condition.
VS Dental recommends the following steps:
- Infant Care: Even before your child develops teeth, you need to clean his/her gums with cotton every time after you feed your baby. It does away with milk and formula from the gums and even stimulates gum tissues. After your child gets his/her first teeth, see that you use a toothbrush twice a day.
- Teeth of a Preschooler: At the age of three, your child will have his/her full set of teeth. Teach him/her proper techniques of brushing even though you brush his teeth until the age of seven.
- Older Children: A seven-year-old child will brush his/her teeth by themselves under your supervision. You should take him/her for regular dental checkups.
DIET AND DENTAL CARIES, MALALIGNMENT
- The diet is the major reason for dental caries and misalignment of the teeth.
- Soft sugary diet cannot stimulate the jaws to achieve the desired normal growth.
- Dental caries? Acid production? less chewing? less stimulation to jaws? reduced facial bone growth.
The best of Pediatric dentistry in Coimbatore is offered by us and we cannot stress enough on the importance of taking your child for dental appointments at regular intervals.
VS Dental sees to it that you and your children’s teeth are properly taken care of so that cavities and all kinds of tooth problems are nowhere in sight.