Root Canal Treatment
At VS Dental we have skilled expertise in advanced forms of dental treatments like Root Canal & Crowns in Coimbatore, Thudiyalur. We also provide well-fitting and natural shade crowns for better esthetic teeth. If you worry about the pain root canal treatments & crowns might cause, you can relax, as you will be under local anesthetics during the entire process so it is very minimal or nil pain.
SERVICES OFFERED BY US:
Our expertise in Root Canal & Crowns, but not limited to, are:
- Root Canal Treatment
?Single Visit Root Canal Treatment
?Multiple Visit Root Canal Treatment
?Management of failing Root canal treated teeth
- Crowns & Bridges (Caps)
?Metal Free Zirconium Crowns (CAD-CAM)
?Metal laser sintered Crowns & Bridges (MLS)
?Casted Porcelain fused metal Crowns & Bridges (PFMS)
STEPS IN ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
When your tooth is decayed owing to large cavities or infection, VS Dental recommends going for a root canal treatment, especially when you can save the tooth from complete extraction with this process. It is quick, long-lasting, and relatively painless.
At VS Dental our Root canal treatments & crowns are done by the following steps.
- The dentist conducts an X-ray and evaluates the extent of your tooth damage.
- Local anesthetic is given, following which an opening is made through the crown of the tooth that goes into the pulp chamber.
- To do away with the germs and obstruct infection, medication is put into the root canal and pulp chamber.
- The completion of this treatment usually takes a minimum of two dental visits. A temporary filling is placed in the opening of the crown so that the tooth is protected in between these visits.
- Dentists generally leave the tooth open for a few days to let the abscess drain. You will be given medicine to keep the infection under control, especially if the infection has spread beyond the tooth.
- After the temporary filling is removed, the root canal and pulp chamber are cleaned up thoroughly and filled.
- The crown of the tooth is then restored using caps.
Crowns after the Root Canal Treatment
A crown is also known as a cap. It completely covers the real tooth. After root canal treatment, you may be required to use a crown as it helps prevent tooth fractures. Crowns are made using a ceramic material, metal or porcelain, and even powdered glass.
While fitting a crown:
- Your tooth size is reduced so that the crown replaces what is removed. To make sure the crown is of the right shape and size, a mold of your tooth is taken.
- Cement is used to stick the crown to the tooth.
Root canal treatments & crowns in Coimbatore are conducted by VS Dental in a successful manner so that your teeth are as good as new again within no time.
WHY WOULD I NEED A POST?
A crown requires a solid core to reinforce the tooth structure which can successfully resist all the forces that will be placed on it for many years.
When the tooth requires further such reinforcement we use posts to strengthen the remaining tooth structure.
If the tooth is not salvageable it is better to extract and replace (bridge, implant and partial dentures) which will give you long-standing results.implant and partial dentures) which will give you long-standing results.